These Size 4 Blocks feature the same perfectly consistent angles as the other Pard'ners shapes, making them a perfect choice for pairing, blocking and clusters. These blocks are taller in height than their incut counterparts, and provide more surface area to work with, pairing up with larger shapes or serving as the anchor piece of a smaller cluster. Bolt compatible with additional set screw holes for security, the Size 4 Blocks can serve anywhere from a standalone jug to a complex cluster of shapes, forcing climbers to choose the perfect grab.
About the Pard'ners
• All Pard'ners have 4 sides and a top and come in one of two basic shapes: blocks and incuts.
• Blocks are protrusions that stick off the wall with a relatively high z-axis aspect ratio.
• Incuts have at least one side that is incut, sometimes as many as 3 sides are incut • All sides of every Pard'ner hold are inclined at one of 5 standard angles of TILT (0, 15, 30, 45, or 60 degrees from vertical).
• Because TILT is standardized and limited to only 5 possible angles, the holds easily fit together as blockers, stacks, and clusters. Other shapes intended as blockers in the market have up to 10 options for angles and makes it hard to find matches.
• Larger sets (size 6 and size 5 Blocks) are bolt-on only and can be used as an anchor point (initial hold) for building clusters.
• Due to their relatively high aspect ratio and number of incuts, Pard'ners excel at setting easy and moderate climbs on less than vertical to slightly overhanging terrain. Pard'ners lend themselves well to very difficult climbs on steep overhangs and roofs.